Are you interested in joining the Indian Railways as an Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)? If so, you’re in luck! The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has recently announced the recruitment of 5,696 vacancies for the ALP position. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information on how to apply for the RRB ALP Recruitment 2024. From the eligibility criteria to the application process and exam dates, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in!
RRB ALP Recruitment 2024
Before we delve into the details, let’s have a quick overview of the RRB ALP Recruitment 2024. The RRB conducts this national-level competitive exam to recruit Assistant Loco Pilots for various railway zones across the country. The ALPs play a crucial role in assisting the Loco Pilot in operating and maintaining locomotives, ensuring the efficient and safe operation of trains. The recruitment process consists of several stages, including Computer-Based Tests (CBT), Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT), Document Verification (DV), and Medical Examination (ME). Now, let’s proceed to explore the eligibility criteria for the RRB ALP Recruitment 2024.
|Name of the Organization
|Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB)
|Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)
|Last Date to Apply
|19th February 2024
RRB ALP Recruitment 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the RRB ALP post in 2024, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Education Qualification: Candidates should have a degree or diploma in engineering from a recognized university. Alternatively, candidates with a matriculation/SSLC qualification along with ITI or Course Completed Act Apprenticeship can also apply.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 30 years. However, age relaxations are provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
RRB ALP Recruitment 2024 Application Process
Now that you know the eligibility criteria, let’s move on to the application process for the RRB ALP Recruitment 2024. The applications will be accepted online on the RRB official website. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate through the application process:
- Visit the RRB Official Website: Go to the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) and navigate to the ALP recruitment section.
- Read the Recruitment Notification: Download and carefully read the RRB ALP recruitment notification. Make sure you understand all the requirements and instructions mentioned in the notification.
- Check Vacancy Details: Take note of the vacancies available for different railway zones.
- Fill out the Application Form: Fill out the online application form with accurate personal details, educational qualifications, and other required information. Cross-check the information before submitting.
- Upload Scanned Documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents, such as your photograph and signature, in the prescribed format.
- Pay the Application Fee: Make the payment of the application fee through the available payment modes.
- Submit the Application: Once you have filled out the form, reviewed the details, and made the payment, submit the application form.
- Download the Application Confirmation: After successful submission, download the PDF of the application confirmation for future reference.
- RRB NTPC Recruitment 2024, Notification, Vacancies, and Application Process
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Recruitment 2024 Apply Online For 24300 Peon Posts
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Recruitment 2024 Apply Online For Various Posts @ www.sarvashikshaabhiyan.org
- RPF Recruitment 2024 Apply Online, Check Notification, Vacancy, Eligibility, Salary
- PWD Recruitment 2024 Apply Now for Over 2109 Vacancies @ www.pwd.gov.in
RRB ALP Recruitment 2024: Exam Dates
It’s important to stay updated with the exam dates for the RRB ALP Recruitment 2024. Here are the tentative exam dates for the different stages of the recruitment process:
- First Stage CBT: June to August 2024
- Second Stage CBT: September 2024
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT): November 2024
- Document Verification: November to December 2024
Please note that these dates are subject to change, and it is advisable to regularly visit the RRB official website for the latest updates.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
To prepare effectively for the RRB ALP exam, it is essential to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. Let’s take a closer look at the exam pattern for the different stages:
First Stage CBT
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 75
- Maximum Marks: 75
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd marks deducted for each wrong answer
- Subjects: Mathematics, Mental Ability, General Science, General Awareness
Second Stage CBT
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Total Questions: 175
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd marks deducted for each wrong answer
- Part-A Syllabus: Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Basic Science and Engineering
- Part-B Syllabus: Trade-specific questions as per the syllabus prescribed by the Directorate General of Training (DGT)
It is essential to note that the marks obtained in Part-A of CBT-2 will be considered for shortlisting candidates for further stages of the recruitment process.
Admit Card and Result
Candidates will be able to download the admit card for each stage of the RRB ALP exam from the official website. The admit card will contain important information such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam date, and exam center details. It is advisable to carry a printout of the admit card to the examination center.
After the completion of each stage of the exam, RRB will announce the results on its official website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details. Shortlisted candidates will be eligible to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Salary and Benefits
Selected candidates for the RRB ALP vacancies will be placed in Level 2 of the Pay Matrix. The initial salary for an Assistant Loco Pilot is Rs. 19,900. In addition to the basic salary, ALPs are entitled to various allowances such as dearness allowance, house rent allowance, transport allowance, running allowance (based on the distance traveled), and the new pension scheme. The salary and benefits offered make this position an attractive opportunity for candidates.
The RRB ALP Recruitment 2024 provides a great opportunity for individuals who aspire to work in the Indian Railways as Assistant Loco Pilots. With a comprehensive understanding of the eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, and syllabus, you can increase your chances of success in this competitive exam. Stay updated with the latest notifications and exam dates by regularly visiting the RRB official website. Prepare diligently and give your best effort to secure a fulfilling career as an Assistant Loco Pilot.
Hey, I am Ziya Noor an engineer by profession and a Blogger by Passion, and the Founder of CurajRecruitment.in. Curaj Recruitment is a Jobs News Portal provides Latest Jobs News Both Government & Private Jobs.