The full form of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament. It was named after former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi. The IGNOU University was established with the goal of providing access to education for all, particularly for those who have been unable to pursue formal education due to various reasons such as financial constraints or geographical barriers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
History Of IGNOU University
IGNOU started with just two academic programs, a certificate course in management and a diploma course in management, with a total of 4,528 students. Over the years, the university has grown significantly and now offers over 228 academic programs at various levels, including certificates, diplomas, and degrees. It also has a large network of regional centers and study centers across the country, making it accessible to students in remote and underserved areas.
The university's focus on distance education and flexible learning options has been instrumental in its success. IGNOU has been recognized for its efforts in increasing access to education, and has received several awards and accolades for its contributions in the field of open and distance learning.
IGNOU Courses List 2023
- Bachelor's degree programs: B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B.Tech, B.Lib.I.Sc
- Master's degree programs: M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Ed, MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Lib.I.Sc, MP, MPB
- Diploma programs: Diploma in Engineering, Diploma in Management, Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Computer Applications, Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Certificate programs: Certificate in Computer Applications, Certificate in Functional English, Certificate in Tourism Studies, Certificate in Environmental Studies, Certificate in Women's Empowerment and Development
- Doctoral programs: Ph.D in various disciplines
- Post Graduate Diploma programs: PGD in various disciplines